Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Shopping or Fall-Out Shelter Filling?




I have to wonder, when I see the absolute shit-mad lunacy that shops being closed for one day induces in people, what would the shops be like if a killer asteroid where racing towards Earth? I say, probably not as chaotic as Easter Saturday.

It really does seem like people are racing to fill their fall-out shelters in order to survive some nuclear war happening later today that they have heard of before me.

And it's not just last minute Easter Egg dashes, people are lined up 10 deep with trolleys stacked as high as Amy Winehouse on any given night (day, morning or anytime actually). The shops are closed for one day!

Is it just me, or are these people as nutty as squirrel shit?

2 comments:

Mish said...

See, this is exactly why you should leave Sydney entirely during long weekend holidays. Not to the Central or North coasts though. If you beat the queues at the supermarket, you won't beat them on the F3.

Tim said...

Theoretically you are correct, getting the hell out of Sydney on a lomg weekend is an excellent idea. However, with the totally honest and explainable petrol prices cycle inflaming prices to $58 a litre, I think I will just opt for heavy traffic at Woolies.