Friday, March 21, 2008

Cydonian Nights

As requested by Mish...my 2003 poem for my Creative Writing class.

Warning...cheddar alert.


Cydonian Nights


I see the face at night
It appears by the advent of moonlight
Penetrating my unconscious hours
This vision of Cydonia flowers
More than a vision, I feel I am there
The eyes of the structure just sit and stare
Astral visions of the ancient monument
Juxtaposed with daylight discontent
At night I soar through space and time in astral flight
Destined for the martian site
Consciousness concludes this expedition
And thus this confession
But at times during daylight hysteria
There are times where I wish I were back at Cydonia

2 comments:

Mish said...

That is really impressive, you shouldn't talk it down. I wish I could say the stuff I wrote 5 years ago was just as good.

Tim said...

Thank you :)

It just isn't really the type of thing I would write these days.