Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Optus - about as useful as Derby were to the last English Premier League season



Over the last two days I have endured the distinctly unpleasant experience of dealing with Optus’ horrendous (lack of) customer service.

My phone has a full signal bar, yet I can neither make or receive calls or sms. There is no problem with the handset as I get the same problem when I played switcheroo with the sim cards.

Thank God the woman at the Optus call centre with the faux American accent told me that this was just a problem with my area! Never mind that another user in my household who also has the misfortune of being with Optus had no such problems.

Thank God that she promised it would be all fixed by today and fobbed me off. Well I am sure it will come as no great shock to you my dear fellow cynic, that my phone connection is still royally fucked!

Thanks for nothing Optus, you are useless and all your services suck and I plan to cancel my phone contract with you.

End angry blog.

2 comments:

Mish said...

It's the same with Telstra. I am literally counting down the days til my contract runs out. 13 days to go. Then it's "Hello Vodafone!".

Seriously, I bet my stories re: bad customer service with my provider are just as bad as yours, if not worse.

Tim said...

I know your pain there as well, I used to be with Telstra, awful "customer service" indeed!

Have you ever been an orange customer? They were shitful as well.